Chemo round #3

Despite the rain, this round was easy and I kind of feel like an ole pro at it....but let me say I am ready for it to be over!  I don't want to be a professional at chemotherapy!  3/4 are done and one more biggie and then 12 rounds of Taxol and I'll be done, done, done with chemo!  Hooray!  Christmas will be a wonderful time to celebrate for many reasons.  

Lots of friends and family stopped by to pray with us, bring lunch, smoothies, snacks, and more.  My heart explodes each time someone walks in the pod.  The social butterfly in me needs my room full each time to take my mind off of the process.











After therapy today we picked Jett up from daycare and surprised him with a Happy Meal and a Paw Patrol character from the gift shop at the cancer center.  We take one home after each visit and Jett gets so excited over these.


But as we were laying down to watch a movie, he leaned over and kissed me and said out of the blue, "mommy...you're not going to die, are you?"  This hit me in the gut.  Hard.  Like a truck. It almost made me sick and then the waterworks began.  I immediately prayed for the Lord to give me the right words to respond to that and thankfully since his attention span is short like a normal 3.5 year old, he moved quickly onto another topic of conversation.  Whew!  But honestly I do think about dying sometimes.  God only knows the exact amount of time I've been granted on this Earth and I do pray that it is a long life, but we never know.  I want to see Jett grow up and do wonderful things. I want to see him read his first book by himself.  I want to see him ride in his first rodeo.  I want to see him go to Kindergarten and graduate from high school and of course finish college.  I want to meet his wife and meet my grandchildren.  I want to be able to take care of my parents and J's parents.  I want to have grey hair and grow old with Jeremy and enjoy our days together. I want to live a long, full life.   I think about this a lot.  That's why I'm fighting like crazy and will continue.  With Triple Negative (which is the type I have) breast cancer, it can be more aggressive and more likely to reoccur.  15% of all diagnosises are TN and I've met several people who had this same type and are doing well and have been cancer free for years.  So this helps me to stay positive and not think about the bad and have HOPE.  I know my doctor is treating this disease with the best medicines and my personal prognosis is good and I trust that.  I trust God too.  He's held me tight for the past 37 years and even closer these last 3 months.  He'll continue to do so until my last day here.  That's comforting to know during the times when it's tough.  Whew!  Now for when Jett asks that question again, praying I'll have a good answer for him.  Pray for those perfect words too, will you?!  

So for now I'll rest a lot over these next few days and throughout the weekend.  Mashed potatoes, pineapple slushies, and milkshakes are on the menu and I'll be just fine. Normalcy will occur on Sunday again and for the next week, hopefully.    

Thanks for all of your continued prayers and the love you all have poured out over our family.  The Meal Train meals and restaurant gift cards have been perfect and delicious.   Having your prayers and help with feeding our family has been the biggest blessing!  I'm very thankful that my sister-in-law set that up for us to make life easier on our day to day routine.  Here's the link....
Meal Train

So to end this post...Y'all know we love music and the song that I think of constantly when I think of our friends and family is this one.  James Taylor's "You've Got a Friend" reminds me of all of my precious friends and the support system God blessed us with.  Our friends have come running just like the song says...winter, spring, summer, fall!  All you have to do is call.  Hugs!  Until we see each other again....

"You've Got a Friend"


"We have this hope as an anchor for the soul."  Hebrews 6:19



signature

1 comment

  1. You are so beautiful! Praying for you and all of your sweet family!

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top