It will be okay...



The last few weeks have been full of fun, as I’ve felt pretty good.  Spending time outside, planting flowers and playing with our cutie, has been pretty much all we’ve done.  And I’m okay with that.  







  I’m continuing with my radiation treatments each morning  and only have 5 more to go. 5!!!  Yeehaw!  The countdown is truly on now!  My skin is starting to burn under my arm and I’ve got stickers all over to mark the exact location where radiation is needed.   One of the stickers had to be changed last week, which caused a sore that hurts terribly.  But as far as my chest, it feels fine.  I’d like to think some of the minimal burning is from the constant use of Beauty Counter’s body wash.  It is such a safe and effective skin care line with no toxins. I highly recommend their products for those undergoing radiation soon or just simply for everyday use.  A special thanks to all of my Beauty Counter friends for sending goodies and getting me started on this wonderful brand.  The topical creams prescribed by my doctor have helped as well, I’m sure. 
   I was hopeful about finishing a day early and asked my doctor if maybe, just maybe, I could be done this Friday to celebrate with J since he’s off..  She very sweetly said “no mam, you will need all 33.  So we will celebrate twice, once on Friday with my main squeeze and then again on Monday when I’m officially DONE. And I can’t be more excited than to be finished with this part of my treatment plan, as it’s another step closer to the finish line.  I will miss the friends I’ve made at the Gibbs Center, and hope that I’ll stay in touch, as they’ve been the sweetest.

Last Friday night my elementary school chorus sang the National Anthem and I got to throw the first pitch out. 





 It was an awesome night seeing lots of former and current students and staff.  The emotions hit hard as I miss them all so.  One of my sweet current students must’ve hugged me 5 times and kept saying “I miss you, Mrs. Gault.”  My daddy saw the tears fall as I walked away from her.  He hugged me and said “they love you so and it’ll be okay.”  I know they are in the best care with the most precious sub, but I was with them for over half the year, and built close relationships, as I always do. Saying goodbye was so hard. But I know that they’ll be okay.  



 I went up to the school on Monday to sign my contract and couldn’t not stop by room 202 to hug them all.  They’re a precious group of kids, and they’ll always hold an extra special place in my heart.  They were so understanding  during some of the tougher days after my chemo treatments.  The love notes they wrote me during the times when I was weak, lifted my spirits so.  I’ll miss them next year but am looking forward to being 100% when starting a new school year.

Jett’s had a big week as we brought home a new horse.  He’s been missing our Cookie and still talks about him a lot.  We pass by where he’s buried daily and he always asks, “Mommy, Cookie won’t come back, will he?”  And as much as it breaks my heart to say no, that’s my answer every time. Jett then says, “buts it’s going to be okay, right Mommy?” And I couldn’t agree more with him.  Yes!  All is okay, buddy!  So we are super excited to add Smoke to our family.  He’s a beautiful sorrel and quite a lover. 





 He comes running when you barely whistle and will let you rub on him for hours.  And Jett’s first ride went amazingly well, so that’s even better.  J is of course excited to have him and I just know that they are going to make an awesome team.  So much of a cowboy’s time is spent on the back of a horse and we all have heard the quote:  “no hour of life is wasted that is spent in the saddle.”  I know that’s my guy’s happy place, for sure.  And he deserves it.  He’s been so good to me during this crazy year of doctor’s appointments, tons of medicine, surgery, and more.  To hear him pray for my healing and feel his comforting touch, makes me fall in love with him over and over.  God knew exactly what he was doing when he placed him in my life more than 20 years ago.  My parents were a little concerned with the age difference at that time but  I know that they’ve always loved my guy.   It brings them peace knowing that J takes good care of us, and we’re okay.  

After nine months since being diagnosed, and meeting so many friends that have also been given the bad news of cancer, my heart gets so heavy when I hear that word.  Laying on the radiation table this morning, I prayed so hard for a friend who was having a biopsy done during my radiation time.  She’s waiting to hear back for sure but they’ve told her that it is most likely cancer.  God, hold her tight.  Let her feel Your presence and help her to know that You will be with her through this trying time.  When talking to her just now, the words “it’s going to be okay” came out immediately.  I’ll always remember my own doctor telling me that.  “It’s going to be okay, and you are going to be fine.”  And she was so right.  It’s not been fun and there have been dark days where I’ve wanted to give up, but I’m constantly reminded of the greater power of Jesus.  I can’t help but think that He’s using my story to share His truth with people in my life.  

So do you see a theme here?  IT IS GOING TO BE OKAY!
 I feel like God is speaking to me...
This weekend a book that I had forgotten I’d ordered came in the mail and guess what the title is? 
 “It Will Be Okay”. 




 Lysa Terkeurst is one of my favorite Christian authors and when I heard that she had a children’s book out, I knew it was one that had to be on Jett’s bookshelf.  It’s the sweetest story of a seed and a fox.  Through their friendship, the two characters learn how God is always with them through scary times and how He is always watching over us.  And in the end, they learn that everything will be okay, because God's good and He is kind.  Hearing my mother-in-love read this book aloud to our little fellow, reassured me so of this truth.  There’s no reason to doubt God’s plan, 
as it is always perfect.  

And then the first song that I heard this morning was  Kenny Chesney and David Lee Murphy’s, “It’ll Be Alright”.  It’s got such a catchy beat and I just love it.  

Ha!  Don’t hit the panic button.  I’ve done that several times for sure.  But I can’t help to know just that.  Everything is going to be alright, as long as I have my eyes fixed on Him, as He’s the only ONE who has set my path.  

So just as my precious doctor and my daddy told me, and I’ve said to my friend just today, “it’ll be okay”.  

Last night confirmed that promise as we went to the Outcry concert with friends.  That worship time was unbelievable.  Music always moves me, most of the time to tears, and it happened several times last night as we sang our hearts out.  
My most favorite song of the night was when Elevation Worship sang  “Do It Again.”  


The Lord was present last night.
  I could feel Him in that arena.  
His promise still stands.  I’m still in Your hands.
 He is here now and forever, right by my side.  
And by yours.  
And knowing that makes everything okay.  

“My heart trusts in, relies on, and confidently leans on Him, and I am helped.” Psalm 28:7




“Do It Again.”


signature

No comments

Back to Top