Boone, Beth Moore, and Best Friends



When my friend Leigh Anne mentioned going to see Beth Moore in March, I’ll be honest...I thought there’d be no way I’d  feel up to that challenge enough to make that trip.  The date was one month after surgery and then getting over the flu and a sinus infection, I just didn’t know how I could muster up the energy to pack and make it.   I prayed about it and within a couple of days from the invite, I told them “I was in”.  My mom was really concerned about my decision , as she just was so worried about my stamina and well being.  But God shined through and the plans started. You see we waited a little too long to find a hotel room and NOTHING was available in Boone and the only room we could find was 40 minutes away.  Unless we wanted a one room cabin with a teeny tiny bathroom off the side of the mountain, that was all to be found.  And that didn’t excite any of us!  So we booked that ”far away” room but then called about a king suite in Boone that was only available for reservations if you made it a three night stay, which we didn’t need.  They told us that they couldn’t break up the three nights to allow us to have it for one, so we just were glad to have our other reservation, even if it was forever away.  And then we tried calling once again about the room in Boone and they kindly  decided to break up the 3 night stay and we got our room in Boone.  Woohoo!   This was just totally a God thing and wonderful news. And what an awesome trip it turned out to be.  That Friday, my friend Jane who lives in Americus made the drive to Greenville to break up her trip a little bit.  I grabbed Carolina Fine Foods to go, she picked me up, and we headed towards Boone.  Once we hit the mountain, our ears popped like crazy,  as we looked out the car window at the steep revene below.  I was like a child taking pictures and literally in awe of the beautiful scenery.  

Once we got to our hotel, it felt like the mountains..freezing cold and snow in the forecast! 

Dinner came next at the most scrumptious restaurant, Cafe Portafino, recommended by a friend.  

And then we were off to worship with Travis Cottrell and hear the wonderful Beth Moore bring the message.  

As we entered into the colesium, every seat was tagged.  At first Jane and I thought “oh no”, as it looked like most seats were reserved or taken.  Our tickets were general admission so how could that be?  But those tags were personal prayer cards for every guest.  Talk about warming my heart!?  We hit the stairs and got four seats, as our friends Leigh Anne and Stacey were in route to meet us for the weekend.  The worship time moved me and brought me to tears many times, singing praises to Him, and then listening to Beth’s message, live and in person, along with almost 9,000 other women.  Right before Beth began speaking, ladies in the crowd began yelling for doctors and nurses to come help in the top row of the arena.  As scary of a time for everyone sitting in the building as it was, Beth hit her knees and we all began praying for that individual and let me just say that the Holy Spirit was felt like no other during that time.  The lady who was prayed for actually walked out on her own,  down multiple flights of stairs, to receive medical attention.  What a God moment that was to begin our night with Him!

So immediately following that, Beth Moore came equipped with the tools and courage to teach His word, straight from Mark 12:30- “And thou shalt love the Lord thy God will all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind, and with all thy strength:this is the first commandment.”  Her main focus was on our MINDS and how we should love him whole heartedly with our mind.  She shared how the spirit is greater than the mind, the mind is greater than the brain, and eternal is greater than temporal.  So there is truly no limit to the impact of loving God with our whole minds.  I am so thankful that God opened my heart to receive this message and for allowing me the time with these three beautiful, faithful, and encouraging ladies that I call dear friends. Our weekend was wrapped up with a nice lunch, lots of laughs, and some shopping in the cute mountain town.  It truly was a blessing and a time with the Lord that we all needed for different reasons and I am grateful for every second of the time spent!  Prayers still being sent for the precious lady that was ill and that her health be restored. 



So after Sunday’s time change, and jumping back into the week, I sit here now reflecting on just how blessed I am.  Having a husband to keep Jett for the weekend, friends who love Jesus that worshipped with me, and thinking of all of the ways that God has so faithful in my life.  If you ever get the chance to go see Beth Moore, please do.  It will bless your soul and bring you closer to Jesus, I promise.  Make your life extraordinary with Him.  




Tomorrow I begin the first of 33 rounds of radiation.  I’m a little nervous but also know that this is part of the plan to become completely healed.  The radiation lady that I met last week has mutual friends and just set my mind at ease as I laid on the radiation bed during my consult visit.  My MIND will be focused on Him tomorrow as I am completely still, allowing the radiation machine to do its thing.  The countdown will begin and I can’t wait for Jett to help me break a link in the chain each time a treatment is finished.
And each Friday, will be a celebration day ...ice-cream date, a new pair of cute shoes, a short trip somewhere, a good book, a pair of earrings, fresh flowers, etc.  



So here we go!  I’ll keep you all posted along this journey as I know it’ll be difficult on some days, just as chemo and the surgery were.  But knowing that I promise to give God my whole MIND daily for ALL of my days, makes the worries and anxiety less because God gave thought to us all and planned us well. 

“Let us hold on to the confession of our hope without wavering, since He who promised is faithful.”  
Hebrews 10:23


signature

No comments

Back to Top