Love, love, love!



The month has come for my surgery and it’s also the month we celebrate LOVE.  February has always been a sweet month as I love to give small tokens on Valentine’s Day to loved ones and my daddy’s birthday on the 16th.  I’ve always enjoyed finding the perfect valentines for my students and it’s so sweet to see them write about those they love.  I always have them title their writing “My heart belongs to…”  They always just pour their hearts out and I love hearing the precious thoughts from 7/8 year olds about the one they love.  

Speaking of valentines...the sweetest former student of mine left this cactus on my desk this morning and guess who claimed it immediately?  

This year I’ve had to plan ahead to make sure cards are signed, valentines for my Giddy-Ups are ready for my sub to pass out, and purchasing a few prizes for my two main squeezes.  Just taking the time to show a little more affection on this day does seem a little silly though, as we should always show love and compassion throughout the year, as God does for us. 

One of my favorite chapters from the bible is 1 Corinthians 13, which is often called the “love chapter”.  Verse 4 states, “Love is patient, love is kind.  It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud.  It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs.  Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth.  It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.” And then ending with verse 13, “And now these three remain, faith, hope, and love.  But the greatest of these is love”.    I’ll

always remember our preacher saying these exact words during our wedding and how 12 and a half years later, love still lives in our home.  And I love knowing that God loves us so deeply and knows our strengths, our weaknesses, our sins, and our joys.  His love gives us so many chances, more than we deserve.  And knowing this truth, makes showing love every single day, that much more important to me.  Let that be a challenge for you too…spread love 365 days a year, not just on February 14th.  

So the countdown is on…we are now down to  5 days and I’m feeling a little less anxious than I did this time last week. 

 My units are complete for my students at school, I’ve met with my sub and given tons of instructions of our daily routine, etc.  but oh I’m how going to miss their little faces.  




Our house is somewhat organized, hospital bags are almost packed, plans have been made for Jett boy, and now just to wait and pray lots. 

My favorite song right now is “You Make Me Brave” by Amanda Cook and Bethel Music.  Just saying those words…You. Make. Me. Brave. brings tears to my eyes.  I am scared.  I am nervous.  And I know my body is getting ready to change.  I hate cancer and I hate how many people are affected by this disease each day.  It stinks.  But I’m going to be brave.  Knowing that my God is for us and not against us, and that He makes me brave.  He’s the champion of Heaven and is making a way for all to enter in.

Click below to listen to the song. 

you make me brave




My morning devotion today in Christine Caine’s “Unshakeable”, was about wanting to get well.  The story was about Jesus asking the invalid if he wanted to get well.  He invited him into the healing process, asking him to participate, cooperate, and engage his faith.  So I know that Jesus is doing that just for me, as well.  And yes, Jesus, I want to get well. I want to be cancer free and full of life again.  I will cooperate and I cannot wait to wake up after surgery and hear the words from my surgeon that “we got it all”.  I know I won’t get the pathology report back for a week or so to learn if the tumor is residual cancer or scar tissue, but as I wait, I will pray for complete restoration and for tons of bravery as I recover and start radiation.

Pre-op yesterday went well.  They only had the left breast being taken on all paperwork due to the fact that since the right breast is cancer free, THANK YOU GOD, insurance won’t pay for that breast to be removed.  So a check had to be written for that sweet baby before they would state that both breasts would be removed on the doctor’s orders.  So hopefully on Wednesday, both will be taken.  Or let’s say they both better be gone.  All vital signs looked fine and so surgery will be at 11, last for 3-4 hours, and I’ll be at St. Francis downtown Greenville for 1-2 days.  That’s all the information I know for now, and I’m fine with that.  I’m the type that the less I know about the actual procedure, the better I am. An ice cream date with my mom was all I needed after a morning at the hospital.  She’s such a huge helper and I’m thankful

for the Godly woman she is and how she prays constantly for our family.  



So back to love…a friend of mine shared this quote with me from Willa Cather.  “Where there is great love, there are always miracles.”  We are praying for a miracle, for sure.  We love you all and thank you so much for all the prayers and support you all have shown over the last seven months.  God’s love comforts us and compels us to love one another and we love doing just that. 

Big prayer request for Wednesday!  

 Surgery day!!!

“Know therefore that the Lord your God is God, the faithful God who keeps covenant and steadfast love with those who love him and keep his commandments, to a thousand generations. “  Deuteronomy 7:9



***not sure about the random quotation marks!!!*****



Meal Train link


signature

No comments

Back to Top