Chemo #10


Every morning going to school we say our daily prayers and sing Matt Maher's song "Lord, I Need You".  
The words are so powerful and I love belting them out and now so does Jett boy!  

Don't know if this video will play but it makes me tear up every time! 
Teatment #10 went well.  No glitches, but also not much rest like I so hoped for since I didn't sleep one solitary second on Thursday night.  The steroids are doing their job for sure, and making my mind run 10.000 miles a minute during all hours of the day.  But I'll take it and thank the Lord that it helps.   The nurses have got this thing down with the Taxol, so I won't complain but man....was I exhausted when I got home after a long Friday.  

My sweet daddy was my sidekick, as J had to work 😰. He's been able to make them all except this one and I have a feeling he won't miss another one if he can help it.  He's a hard working fellow and we are so thankful for his job, so it's hard to complain.  
Each week a massage therapist comes by and offers a foot massage.  This is such a treat and so relaxing!  Add a heated, massage chair to the mix and it's pretty comfy.  I just knew that I was going to be able to close my eyes for a bit after this but, I'm a lot like my daddy and like to know everything that's going on around me so that didn't help my ability to sleep at the hospital.  (And a little nosy😯)

The real sleep came when I hit our comfy bed.  Whew!  
The holidays are around the corner and I couldn't be more excited to get the festivities started!  


When I made an appointment for Jett to have pics made with Santa, it totally slipped my mind that I'd be laying in the chemo chair.  Sooooooo who comes to the rescue every single time?  Precious Ninnie!  She took Jett to visit the big guy in the suit and it's the real deal this year.   Jett is so stinking excited and talks about Santa's workshop and his elves constantly.  His list was straight from the heart.  And I'm thinking if he can continue to be really good, we may be a super happy boy on Christmas morn.  

Santa asked lots of questions, especially about PJ Masks but loved all of the cowboy ideas.  We will just wait and see what he surprises us with!  

Teaching him about Jesus' birthday and seeing how much Jett already knows about our Lord and Savior, just makes this Momma's heart beam.  I pray that he'll always know the real reason for the season.  But...believing in Santa is pretty special too!  The magic is silent.  You don't hear it-you feel it, you know, and you believe it.  At least we do.  

Decorating will begin today.  It's a little earlier than I usually go for but I want to enjoy every single second of the beauty of  small detail...the ornaments on the tree, the nativity, the wreaths and bows, but mostly  the little hands that will help make our house light up!  And I have a feeling that there will be some cactus sprinkled around in every room of this home.  Little did I know how a prickly little cactus would change my life, but bring so much joy at the same time.  


6 more Friday treatments to go.  Final MRI on December 28, and then to surgeon to talk surgery.  Knowing that I'm almost a third of the way through the process keeps my focus strong and am thankful everyday for God's love and grace that he bestows upon us.  Thanks for all your continuous support and prayers.  The weeks seem to fly by, but I'm getting closer to kicking this cactus that stuck me!  And what better way than to celebrate that and Christmas than with a "no mo chemo" celebration!!!  Plan on joining us if you will on Friday, December 22 around 4 pm, around the gorgeous statue of Jesus at the Cancer Center off Laurens Road.  Santa will be there, and we will ring our bells of joy, singing and praising our Savior, wishing him a very happy birthday!  

"Glory to God in the highest, and on Earth, peace and good will toward men."  Luke 2:14


signature

No comments

Back to Top