Chemo #6

Chemo #6 started with a bang as I was given 3 rounds of steroids in a pill form before getting to the hospital, hoping a reaction from last time would not occur.  More premeds were given like Benadryl and MORE steroids, and I'm sure some other meds, so I was feeling pretty strange and a little drowsy by the time the Taxol started.  About half way through the IV drip, I got hot and began to panic a little as I thought an attack was coming on, but the nurse stopped the meds, gave me a minute to calm down, and we finished strong.  Real strong.  I was having terrible restless leg issues and could've kicked anything and everything that walked by me.  The massage therapist came in for a foot rub and then Jeremy continued which made things better!  My nurse  wanted to watch me for 30 minutes afterwards and that's when things got a little edgy.  This girl was ready to go!  J and my dad were my sidekicks, and they saw a side of me that I'm afraid to say wasn't so sweet and nice.  I literally almost ran ahead of them, flew down the stairs, as I couldn't get to the car fast enough.  I could've used super powers to fly out of that building.  They just looked at each other with a look of "who is this girl" and followed behind.  All I wanted was some Publix chicken wings, a shower, the couch, and to watch the game (which ended up making me even more irritated)!   This pic was before it started with one of Jett's Halloween prizes!  
So that was round #6.  I prayed for strength and God gave it to me in a mighty, big way!  Your prayers worked and the Taxol should be administered like clock work, so now 10  more rounds to go!  

Sweet visitors came and saw me before the mean streak came out, thankfully,  and brought me this beautiful canvas!  How talented is Madison?  Thank you all for loving on me during this crazy time in life!  

 My doctor and his NP that I just love stopped by for a quick check in.  I cannot tell y'all how it feels to be cared for by the best team in Greenville!  They truly care about their patients๐Ÿ’—๐Ÿ’—๐Ÿ’—

So now for the weekend!  Woke up at 6 am, ready to start the day?  Could it be the steroids still?  I guess we will see!  I'm thankful to be alive and feeling good and just see God working in my life.  He truly is giving me the strength I need each day to wear many hats...a wife, a mommy, a teacher, a daughter, a friend....and so many more!  People always ask...how are you feeling? and my response is usually "every day is new day".  And it is!  More good than bad, and that's where I THANK HIM DAILY!  Lord, you are the one that knows our needs and our hearts.  Forgive me for being a little cranky on Friday the 13th.  Today's a new day so Happy Saturday y'all!  

Please pray for:

-my upcoming genetic counseling appointment 
-10 more rounds of chemo
-surgery decisions
-my family and all they do for this "roller coaster of emotions girl"

"The Lord is my strength and my song." Exodus 15:2


signature

1 comment

  1. WOW! What a day. Thankful that one more is behind you. Praying for you during these last 10 and surgery. You are one strong lady and such an encouragement to all of us. God Bless!

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top