Easter!

We had a wonderful time this year with our family celebrating Easter.   












Egg hunts, dying eggs, Easter Bunny visits, crafts, prizes, candy, and more, helped usher in this holiday, but we all know that Jesus’ resurrection is what it’s truly all about.  Jett, now four, begs to hear the story of Easter.  As I tell the story of Jesus dying on the cross for our sins and rising from the grave that morning to our blue eyed angel,  I honestly can say that I’ll never tire, telling those stories.  We’ve got several picture books that he adores and the Easter nesting eggs help simplify it as well.  



And he’s quite in love with our resurrection eggs too.  He asks a billion questions that we try very hard to answer so that he can understand.  I think this year with reading the story to him a lot, it touched me more than it ever has.  Just knowing that Jesus conquered death and claimed victory over the grave, turns such sorrow into joy.  Can I get a hallelujah?  
And knowing eternity will be spent with Him, helps me trust in his plan even more, each day.
My complete hope is in Him,  and I ask him daily to heal my body, but also to live in light of the resurrection with great joy and hope.  



The best part of Easter morning was hearing J share why Easter is special to Jett.  Just like most children, Jett got caught up in the presents from the Easter bunny. So to hear the man God placed in my life to be by my side, tell Jett about our awesome Savior, brought tears to my eyes. I constantly thank God for this guy of mine, who loves the Lord, and fervently prays for me and our family.  

So as far as where we are in the treatment plan...radiation is still happening. I’ve felt pretty good these last few weeks and the radiation visits are ticking by.  Today was number 14 and the ladies are just as sweet as ever. Friday will be halfway day and I’ve got a small celebration up my sleeve! Oh and they consider me a “movement risk” and have had to put a ring around my toes so that I don’t dance to the music!  How funny is that?  




 But after each check in, I’ve met some really nice people in the waiting room at the Cancer Center. Many tease me that I could talk to a stop sign, and I could probably, but I truly feel like God has put these people in my life for a reason.  I look forward to talking with them each morning, even if it is just for a few minutes.  Their smiles and kind words of inspiration help so much as we all are going through a “not so fun” part of a journey.  Last Thursday a man followed me in for his treatment,  complimented my pink tennis shoes, and said that he liked “the pep in my step”.  I, of course, thanked him and stopped right then to thank God for giving me the energy and “get up” to take this “bull of radiation” by the horns. With 19 more to go, I haven’t had any redness or irritation.  I’m not holding my breath that I won’t have any but I’m hopeful that it’ll be minimal.  Fatigue is coming slowly, as they said it would, but I’m trying to roll with the punches and enjoy each day. 


We ventured to the zoo with friends last week and since our school district is on Spring Break, we hit the children’s museum with cousins yesterday. That was lots of fun.  The best part of the day was riding the merry-go-round.  


I felt like a kid again.  And who doesn’t love feeling a little youthful!!??  
A nap was a must after these trips and those are essential these days.  I find myself get real snippy if I’m overtired, so a little rest is encouraged by family members.  
And.............
hot flashes have started to happen, I guess with all of the hormonal changes after my mastectomy, they were sure to come.  Here’s a funny...  I had one the other night at dinner and my dad actually said he saw the redness creep up my neck.  I may be purchasing lots of fans to carry with me soon because those are no fun at all! 
My hair is coming in like crazy, and we’re on cut number two!  I’m loving the “freedom” of not wearing my wig or a hat most days! 



And speaking of freedom, I’m so not used to being out of school.  I love my job, the kids, my team, the staff, and I miss it terribly.  I know that I’m doing what’s best for my body by resting and healing.  
 So as I sit here writing this, I can hear the birds chirping and the breeze is flowing in through the open windows.  



It’s quiet and it’s peaceful.  
For years I have been so busy working and doing the daily routine of life that I haven’t had the chance to slow down and take in the simple things. 
And now I am. 
He’s made me slow down and with that, 
I can appreciate every aspect of the beauty in a new season. 




A season of good health.
A season of  a stronger faith.  
A season to spend lots of time with loved ones.  

Thank you Lord for your great faithfulness.  
And thank you for your Son.  
Let us remember the reason we celebrate the Easter holiday each and every single day.  


“There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under the heavens.”
Ecclesiastes 3:1

Oh and thank you so much to those who have donated money to the Power Women in Pink Fundraiser.  $320
dollars has been raised so far and I’m so close to meeting my goal is $500.  Woohoo!  Here’s a little more info about it...


Here’s the link again if you’d like to donate!  





signature

No comments

Back to Top