A little sunshine never hurt anyone...

Sunshine is the best medicine!  
Is everyone else as happy as I was to see the sunshine after many days of gray skies and rain??!!  I was loving wearing all of my cute rain boots but I did not enjoy the cold, rainy yuckiness.



This week has been full of emotions-exciting but sad, and busy but also slow.  


I met with a young girl that I’ve never met but share mutual friends with on Wednesday night.   She was just diagnosed with breast cancer this month.  I’m sure I overwhelmed her and her sweet mother with information regarding chemo, surgery, radiation, and more.  As sad as it makes me to hear about another lady that has to go through this terrible disease, I do get excited sharing God’s promises and His love.  He is perfect and will carry us through every single day, without ever turning His back.  I’ve witnessed this and want to share this with others during their time of need.  And I also love to remind people that no one fights alone.  


It’s crazy to say that it’s like a sisterhood but it truly is.  We are forever changed by this disease and we have to lean on God and others for courage during the scary times.  
 
So after explaining the details of chemo reactions, and what pillows worked for me after surgery, and how I loved to suck on lemon drops to keep from being nauseated, down to the radiation routine, I had to stop and simply say, “God’s got this and you’ll be okay.”  And then also this week I learned that another friend of mine was diagnosed and will undergo treatment very soon. She will be going to the same cancer center I’ve spent so much time at recently.  I can’t wait for her to meet the wonderful doctors and nurses who were so awesome during the time that I was there.  

I sent her the verse above, and she responded back that it was her ultimate favorite in the Bible.  I didn’t know that information at all, but wow!  Y’all talk about God showing out and shining through!  His word gives light and he wants the best for us. Please join me in praying for these precious ladies and their families.  Their worlds are pretty “upside down” right now, as I’ve been there recently.  Pray for an all knowing peace and ultimate healing.  God is the ultimate physician and I ask that he heals them completely SOON!  

As for the slow part of the week. I’ve truly rested each day after radiation.  I’ve even crawled back in the bed for a couple of hours, covered up to help with the chills, and slept some.  I’ve also started watching a great Netflix show When Calls the Heart ❤️.   Each episode is full of sweet messages but the one today was just this:  God guides, God provides-Isaiah 58:11
And how he’s done just that throughout this journey for us.  He has carefully guided us down this rocky path, and provided for us immensely, by sending peace and with all of our family and friends to help us through the battle.  He’s also helped pick me up on the days where I thought I could do no more, and given me strength to set out on another adventure. 
This week was Jett’s Mother’s Day program at school. 



 The song, the brunch, the precious crafts!  Every little detail was perfect and made this momma so grateful to have such sweet teachers guiding my child each day. 
We also attended the Laugh for the Cure fundraiser.  I’m not too big on “comedy club” type things but the actual benefit part of the event was amazing.  Tons of money was raised for women fighting this disease.  I could’ve cried big ole ugly tears when the auctioneer shared her breast cancer story.  And then when the bidding began and generous donations were made to help pay for ladies to receive mammograms, wigs, medicine, and more!  My heart was filled with sunshine as the rain poured down outside the Cigar Warehouse downtown Greenville.  I am so thankful for these men and women as they gave money to help others battling this disease.  



  So talking about sunshine... 
Since J has to work Monday, he went with me to radiation today and we celebrated the next to last one.  
They let him come back to see the machine and then he had to stand in the hallway for about 5 seconds while they closed the massive door for “the boost” to occur.  



The boosts have been done on just the tumor bed area so they drew on my chest to mark the spot and then made this template like piece for the machine to know exactly where to radiate.  I looked at it on Wednesday and thought...wow!  That’s just for me?  







 After they finish, it is melted so that others can be made, but isn’t that neat?
  These last few have been super emotional as were the first ones.  The friendships I’ve made and then knowing that this is the final step of killing any cancer left in body, keeps me  a little tearful.  
But on days like today, the sunshine shined through, as I rang the bell as we’ve come to an end.  


J’s been with me every step of the way, and as we stated in our vows, “through sickness and in health”, 
he’s never let me down.
So today was a good one.  
A little sunshine never hurts anyone and I’ve got two guys that bring tons of it to my world.
 I couldn’t be more blessed.  


“I have come into the world as a light, so that no one who believes in me should stay in darkness.”  
John 12:46


signature

No comments

Back to Top